Subject: A2065 Final Status
From: Steven Davis <[email-masked]>
To: "'Lightwave'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 11:55:00 PDT

I`m sorry to dissapoint everyone but the cards will no longer be available 
at the
original price. sorry.   I will withdraw my offer of supplying these cards 
to everyone
who responded to my mail.

reason:

The person who has 2000 of these cards, is not willing to sell me anymore at 
the
original price of us$85.  He is purely in this to make money from his 
investment, and
after a lengthy meeting with him, he offered to sell me the cards at 10% 
less of
any advertised price I could find.  Which is almost impossible to find in 
any magazine!
The only advert he showed me was from an English magazine 'Amiga Shopper'
where the advertised price for a A2065 was UK Pounds 229.00.  , with the 10%
discount, worked out to be still more than us$300 each.

I refuse to pay that, as I was offering to supply these cards at the same 
price I could
get them, and put in the effort to test each one seperately.  It kind of 
kills my Amiga
Spirit to pay this person, who ends up making a lot of money, whilst I`ve 
put in all
the effort to test and distribute the cards.

Lets hope that someone brings some realistically priced Ethernet cards to 
the Amiga
market soon.  Especially when you look at how cheap they are for the PC.

Thanks, for all your replies, I`m just sorry I cannot supply these cards. 
 I`m not too
sure what my {friend} is going to do with the cards now, its his problem.

Steve.
([email-masked])